“Do you want to make a great impact in your workplace? Here are a few tips based on my experiences that I have kept and apply to my work every day. Enjoy reading & hope you take away some things with you!” – Ambika Nair, Director – HR & Business Support.
Company culture is an integral part of business. It affects nearly every aspect of a company. From recruiting top talent to improving employee satisfaction, it’s the backbone of a happy workforce. Without a positive corporate culture, many employees will struggle to find the real value in their work, and this leads to a variety of negative consequences for your bottom line.
According to research by Deloitte, 94% of executives and 88% of employees believe a distinct corporate culture is important to a business’ success. Deloitte’s survey also found that there is a strong correlation between employees who claim to feel happy and valued at work and those who say their company has a strong culture.
There’s a reason why companies who are named as a “Best Place to Work” see so much success. These organisations tend to have strong, positive corporate cultures that help employees feel and perform their best at work. WME strives to provide that same culture for its team members, keeping them motivated and working together towards a single vision.
Top 10 Ways To Make An Impact
1. Become a trailblazer – Be resourceful enough to do a lot with a little.
2. Look at the bigger picture – The skill to see the forest for the trees, ability to take the 10,000-feet view when challenges arise.
3. Keep people informed – When you let people know what’s happening – you’re saving them from speculation.
4. Be the go-to person – Become the person other people count on. Don’t work to become a person of success but a person of value.
5. Be a forecaster – Keep your thinking a step ahead of the rest.
6. Have the confidence to speak up – Share what you know and let others know how you can be supportive and helpful.
7. Do things without being asked -Try to do something every week that no one asked you to do.
8. Be a great listener – Listen to understand.
9. Go the extra mile – The extra mile is never crowded.
10. Have a positive mindset – people gravitate towards those who have a positive attitude.
Sources: Ambika Nair, Deloitte, Forbes