World-class answers to real-world problems.
- Post Pandemic Ventilation
- Air Quality Solutions
- Modular/MMC (Modern Methods of Construction)
- Digital Engineering & Building Information Modelling
- Net Zero Carbon
- Data Centres
- PhotoVoltaic (PV) & Batteries
The impact of Covid 19 on our working environment has yet to be fully understood and probably will not be totally quantified for some time to come.
It is evident based upon what we currently understand that ventilation strategies need to be reviewed and adapted to ensure that working environments offer the best air quality for users in line with current guidelines. WMEboom has a clear support strategy to help now and in the future.
WMEboom have a clear support strategy to help now, and in the future:
- Review Best Practice in accordance with current guidelines
- Review Current Ventilation & Occupancy
- Review Physical Constraints of Building Environment
- Design & Advise on Ventilation Strategy
- Check/Sign of adaptations
- Periodic Review
The long term impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic will no doubt require buildings to be designed, constructed and operated in a different manner to how they were pre-pandemic.
A key part of this will revolve around adequate building ventilation, whether it is in healthcare, commercial and retail spaces shared workspaces, and homes. It is now more important than ever to contain air-born contaminants and to reduce the risk of passive/active spread through air distribution paths.
- WMEboom has uniquely qualified experts in fields of airflow distribution, building physics, post-occupancy evaluation, and soft-landing
- WMEboom understands the interplay between building physics and airflow distribution paths
- WMEboom is passionate about indoor air quality and ensuring that occupants feel comfortable and safe within their spaces
- WMEboom can demonstrate how the existing systems (natural, mechanical or hybrid) can be adapted to improve the indoor air quality
- WMEboom have also developed the 3-step approach to designing safe energy-efficient air systems for new-builds in the post-pandemic era
- WMEboom can readily provide maintenance guidelines for ventilated spaces – ensuring these are closely followed will become crucial in avoiding future outbreaks
WMEboom have been at the front of the modular approach to design and construction for many years, regarding it as a progression from off-site fabrication and modern methods of construction (MMC).
For modular construction to be successful, it has to be implemented as a strategy earlier in the design process, forcing key decisions on servicing strategies, construction methodology, and procurement. When done correctly, it does offer huge advantages in the program, quality, and environmental performance.
- WMEboom has the expertise to develop and deliver modern methods of construction, including a modular approach for any project.
- WMEboom has a history of collaborating with manufacturers on improving existing products and proposing new design solutions to eliminate a wide range of design/construction/installation/maintenance issues.
- Each project is different, every location has its challenges and WMEboom always ensure that all the project-specific opportunities are discovered and utilised. No two projects are the same, even with a modular approach.
- Critical to the success of off-site fabrication is design for manufacture and assembly (DfMA). For a ‘cradle to cradle’ approach WMEboom promotes design for disassembly.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) sits at the heart of the digital transformation in the UK's construction sector.
For the construction industry, it provides a significant opportunity to evolve by improving efficiency, productivity, and stimulating innovations to tackle the challenge of design, production, and delivery.
Digital Engineering for WMEboom is the advanced use and integration of BIM, environmental analysis, and Mechanical Electrical Building Services design:
- WMEboom processes combine traditionally separate tasks (modeling, design, document production) into a single workflow, which leads to time-saving by increasing productivity and quality of design
- WMEboom offer bespoke solutions to tackle the challenges faced; WMEboom will adapt our processes to adjust to the specific and unique conditions of the project
- WMEboom utilise Digital Twin to create accurate predictions on physical development, ensuring decision making is based on informed predictions more than intuition
- WMEboom use digital design to test and break models in the early stages of design, so that building performance is not at risk once the design progresses
The UK is in a declared ‘Climate Emergency’ with a legally binding commitment to reduce Carbon emissions to 60% by 2030 from 1990 levels; targeting to meet a net zero by 2050.
Various organisations and government bodies have published relevant documents: The Centre for Alternative Technology’s “Zero Carbon Britain by 2030 roadmap”, RIBA’s “2030 Climate Challenge” and the London Energy Transformation Initiative (LETI) are energy policy proposals for legislation. They go beyond the on-site renewable energy targets produced from low and zero-carbon technologies (LZCT), by focusing on minimising energy in use, transport emissions, waste management, lifestyle, and embodied carbon.
The 2019 Davos Summit conveyed the financial opportunity in green investment, with private and public funds becoming available to support sustainable development. It highlighted the cost of inaction and short-termism far outweighing the cost of meeting these targets.
WMEBoom is your Net Zero Carbon reduction partner:
- WMEboom understands that to meet the requirements of net-zero carbon, the objectives need to be strategic and integrated into the project from its outset, not an afterthought or retrofit.
- WMEboom has the skills, expertise, and experience to develop environmental engineering strategies that establish methodologies for demonstrating successful operational outcomes in use, which when successfully delivered, achieve higher reductions than a ‘promise’ made at planning.
- WMEboom is practitioners of Soft Landings and Design for Use, to ensure the after handover the performances targeted in design and construction are realised.
- WMEboom subscribes to New Professionalism, as part of an approach to providing better performance.
The demand for data has risen exponentially year on year, for most of our lives, with modern expectations for resilient and reliable sources of data being arguably ‘a human right’.
Right now, in a COVID-19 world, the home, as it has become a workplace, a school, and even an entertainment hub, has seen the progress for reliable services be as in demand here as in the workplace.
The data centres and computer rooms that feed this stream of data needs to be robust in the design, but energy efficient in their delivery.
- WMEboom’s global reach and experienced Engineers have the knowledge and capacity for your proposed scheme.
- WMEboom adopts a ‘Soft Landings Strategy’ throughout the project – engage Technical Engineering teams at the onset to ensure an Integrated Engineering and Design Solution; providing a ‘cradle to the cradle’ approach.
- Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) – is geographically sensitive and requires an understanding of the opportunities and risks within the chosen location; WME Boom brings its Global knowledge and experience to maximise the opportunities and design out risk.
- Pre-Testing, Inspection, System Integrated Commissioning, and Operationally Evaluation – WMEboom is active throughout the complete process and is the right partner for successful delivery and implementation.
Advancements in solar photovoltaic (PV) power technology has pushed it from alternative to mainstream development, with improvements in mass production, efficiencies, continuity and quality.
Coupled with the availability of affordable chemical energy (batteries), that can shift the energy from point of generation to the point of demand, ensuring higher yield and lower reliance on the national grid.
Whilst there remain concerns relating to the embodied carbon in manufacture, ‘cradle to cradle’ design and use of finite resources such as lithium, this clean and silent electricity in a visually unobtrusive and environmentally friendly, ensuring it remains extremely appealing as we head towards a more green and renewable tomorrow.
- WMEboom understands the market trends and developments in technology, complete with emerging innovation in fabrication and application that provides the best value.
- WMEboom can determine the dynamic energy use that balances solar energy generation, with chemical energy storage, against occupant demands. Setting out profiles to deliver improved efficiencies.
- WMEboom can provide embodied energy calculations that determine the carbon emissions associated with the manufacture, transportation, and construction, as well as energy generated in use.
- WMEboom can develop PV and battery solutions to fit within a project’s overall energy strategy, complementing it, or reducing the reliance on PV solutions by implementing other better value solutions.