World-class answers to real-world problems.
- Post Pandemic Ventilation
- Air Quality Solutions
- Modular/MMC (Modern Methods of Construction)
- Digital Engineering & Building Information Modelling
- Net Zero Carbon
- Data Centres
- PhotoVoltaic (PV) & Batteries
The impact of Covid 19 on our working environment has yet to be fully understood and probably will not be totally quantified for some time to come.
It is evident based upon what we currently understand that ventilation strategies need to be reviewed and adapted to ensure that working environments offer the best air quality for users in line with current guidelines. WMEboom has a clear support strategy to help now and in the future.
- Review ‘best practice’ in accordance with current guidelines
- Review current ventilation & occupancy
- Review the physical constraints of building environment
- Design & advise on ventilation strategy
- Check/sign of adaptations
- Periodic review
The SARS-CoV-2 Virus has already infected millions of people around the world and Its impact is felt by everyone; the long-term affect of the Pandemic will include revisiting the way buildings are designed, built and used.
Adequate building ventilation in hospitals, commercial spaces, shared worked spaces, and homes is now more important than ever to contain the disease and to reduce the risk of passive/active spread through air distribution paths.
- Have uniquely qualified experts in fields of airflow distribution, building physics, post-occupancy evaluation, and soft-landing
- Understand the interplay between building physics and airflow distribution paths.
- Are passionate about indoor air quality and ensuring that occupants feel comfortable and safe within their spaces.
- Can demonstrate how the existing systems (natural, mechanical, or hybrid) can be adapted to improve the indoor air quality.
- Have also developed the 3-step approach to designing safe energy-efficient air systems for new-builds in the post-pandemic era.
- Can readily provide maintenance guidelines for ventilated spaces – ensuring these are closely followed will become crucial in avoiding future outbreaks.
WMEboom have been at the front of the modular approach to design and construction for many years and the lessons learned have resulted in WMEboom developing in-house specialist expertise for MMC.
- WMEboom has the expertise to develop and deliver your MMC aspirations for every Project.
- WMEboom team is ready to innovate in the context of both construction and methodologies.
- WMEboom has a history of collaborating with manufacturers on improving existing products and proposing new design solutions to eliminate a wide range of design/construction/installation/maintenance issues.
- Each project is different, every location has its challenges and WMEboom always ensure that all the project-specific opportunities are discovered and utilised.
- Critical to the success of offsite fabrication is design for manufacture and assembly (DfMA). For a cradle to grave approach WMEboom always considers design for disassembly.
Building Information Modelling (BIM) sits at the heart of the digital transformation in the UK's construction sector. For the construction industry, it provides a significant opportunity to evolve by improving efficiency, productivity and stimulating innovations to tackle the challenge of design, production, and delivery.
Digital Engineering for WMEboom is the advanced use and integration of BIM, environmental analysis and Mechanical Electrical Building Services design.
- WMEboom processes combine traditionally separate tasks (modeling, design, document production) into a single workflow, which leads to time-saving by increasing productivity and quality of design.
- WMEboom offers bespoke solutions to tackle the challenges faced; WMEboom will adapt our processes to adjust to the specific and unique conditions of the project.
Carbon reduction is imperative to meet the Paris Agreement targets of 40% reduction by 2030, and the UK’s target of net zero by 2050.
Various organisations and government bodies have published relevant documents: The Centre for Alternative Technology’s “Zero Carbon Britain by 2030 roadmap”, RIBA’s “2030 Climate Challenge” and the London Energy Transformation Initiative (LETI) are energy policy proposals for legislation. They go beyond the on-site renewable energy targets produced from low and zero-carbon technologies (LZCT), by focusing on minimising energy in use, transport emissions, waste management, lifestyle and embodied carbon.
The 2019 Davos Summit conveyed the financial opportunity in green investment, with private and public funds becoming available to support sustainable development. It highlighted the cost of inaction and short-term is far outweighing the cost of meeting these targets.
- WMEboom understands that to meet the requirements of net-zero carbon, the objectives need to be strategic and integrated into the project from its outset, not an afterthought or retrofit.
- WMEboom has the skills, expertise and experience to develop environmental engineering strategies that establish methodologies for demonstrating successful operational outcomes in use, which when successfully delivered, achieve higher reductions than a ‘promise’ made at planning.
- WMEboom is your Net Zero Carbon reduction partner
The demand for data has been exponentially rising over the last ten years, currently we find ourselves in a changing world with the demand for resilient data centres is undoubtedly going to increase at an unprecedented rate.
The workplace is changing due to COVID-19, Working from home and video conferencing is going to drive a need for more resilient and energy-efficient data hubs.
- WMEboom’s Global reach and experienced Engineers have the knowledge and capacity for your proposed scheme.
- WMEboom adopt a ‘Soft Landings Strategy’ throughout the project – engage Technical Engineering teams at the onset to ensure an Integrated Engineering and Design Solution; WMEboom a ‘cradle to the grave’ partnership.
- Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) – is geographically sensitive and requires an understanding of the opportunities and risks within the chosen location; WME Boom brings its Global knowledge and experience to maximise the opportunities and design out risk.
- Pre-Testing, Inspection, System Integrated Commissioning and Operationally Evaluation – WME Boom are active throughout the complete process and is the right Partner for successful delivery and implementation.
Worldwide solar photovoltaic (PV) power demand has been experiencing exponential growth in the last decade. During this period there has been exciting advancements in technology not only in the ability to harness the suns energy but also in the ability to capture and store it.
This growth and development can be linked to PV’s many benefits, the ability to produce clean and silent electricity in a visually unobtrusive and environmentally friendly way is extremely appealing as we head towards a more green and renewable tomorrow.
- WMEBoom is a dynamic team of Environmental engineers and design consultants, we ensure that we are always up to date with leading and innovative technology.
- WMEBoom develops environmental engineering solutions to ensure all your PV and battery requirements are allowed to ensure you will achieve your Net-Zero targets.
- WMEBoom works with leading manufacturers in electricity storage solutions, this offers the end-user more flexibility in the use of their PV system. Storage solutions can be designed to create self-sufficient development.
- WMEBoom thrives on producing the ideal renewable solution for your unique project, we can assist you to become self-sufficient, energy-efficient, offset carbon usage whilst also giving back and helping us and the world implement positive change against climate change.